Two key issues that our families say limit their success are unemployment and underemployment. The goal of our workforce readiness initiative, TeamWorks, is to promote parent/adult self-sufficiency by addressing barriers to attaining education, employment and financial empowerment. We walk alongside those we serve, working to connect them with employment opportunities that provide a wage enabling them to leave poverty. We also provide a host of holistic, wraparound services that enrich one’s skill set and confidence. In addition to employment, we also focus on training, education attainment, retention, and career development advancement.
How do we serve those
looking for employment?
We serve as a convener, collaborating with other partners in our Workforce Ecosystem who provide post-secondary education and employment pathways and with key stakeholders, such as Workforce Midsouth, Inc., to develop innovative workforce strategies.
Our Workforce Ecosystem Partners include:
- Workforce Midsouth, Inc.
- American Job Center (AJC)
- Southwest Tennessee Community College (TCAT)
- Tennessee College of Applied Technology (SWTCC)
- Moore Tech
- Tech 901
- Greater Memphis Chamber
- Greater Memphis Alliance for A Competitive Workforce (GMACW)
- Dress For Success (DFS)
We also work with businesses to provide them with a work-ready labor force. Through consulting, training, counseling and team building, we help eliminate workplace challenges so both employer and employee can thrive.
Education and consultation are available on a variety of topics including conflict resolution, harassment, crisis intervention, staff development and more. In addition, wellness programs are available to ensure that employees have the tools they need to effectively manage time, stress and relationships as they aim to attain an optimal work-life balance.
Our Services Include:
- Career consultation and coaching services for school and work
- Post-secondary education that leads to a national certification and/or degree attainment
- Soft skills training on etiquette, work ethics, team building, communication skills, financial literacy, credit counseling, and time management
- Employment assistance to help navigate relationship conflicts or other life barriers affecting their job